Bailiffs/Order for Recovery

If you have received an Order for Recovery or notice from the bailiffs (now called Civil Enforcement Agents) for an unpaid penalty charge notice you are too late to appeal to the tribunal.

Where a penalty is unpaid and no appeal is made, an authority may apply to Northampton County Court Traffic Enforcement Centre to register the unpaid penalty as a debt. Where this happens an Order for Recovery will be sent by the authority to the registered keeper of the vehicle along with a Witness Statement/Statutory Declaration form. Find out more about Witness Statements/Statutory Declarations.

Where a penalty is still not paid the authority may apply to the same court for a Warrant of Execution which will allow the authority to pass the debt on to Civil Enforcement Agents. If this is the case you should contact Northampton County Court Traffic Enforcement Centre for more information.